Wednesday 12 November 2014

Respect


Recent experience, I took my daughter to the movies and saw a little boy running up and down I gave my daughter a candy to give to him, “did not want his parents to think I was creepy” his brother came up to me and scream at me “I want one now” so I told him I do not have anymore he proceeds to tell me “there is more in there” pointing to my daughters purse I was so upset I did not know what to do.

 

Today I would like to touch on the topic of discipline of our children, I once heard saying “we need to raise our children for the world not ourselves”. I have single parents friends who I believe are raising monsters.
 

One friend in particular her second born which is a girl has to me and anyone who knows her no discipline. No one can speak to her and she believes that she rules the world and is very selfish and boldface.

Anytime she is spoken to she tells her mother who is then upset that you spoke to her child about her misbehavior, I began to refrain from speaking to the child and so has everyone else that I know and to the best of my knowledge she now has no friend as no one would tolerate having the little girl around.

 

I feel very bad for her because she is a single mother of two who has had a hard life but anytime someone tries to correct the child she says “this is monster and I am sure because she is fem in her beliefs that no one would be able to take advantage of her”.   

Please people let us refrain from spoiling our children so much that they become little monsters. Please, thank you and old mother may I still exists in my world. I believe in disciple and respect for our elders. Let us begin to raise our children for the world and not ourselves.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment