Monday 3 November 2014

About last week


I am so upset that people send their children to school sick. My daughter just started school and had to stay away because someone sent their child to school ill and she got ill as well. Even though the teacher sent a not home with all the parents telling them to keep sick children home they still send them totally ignoring the fact that they could get other children sick.

When things go bad they go bad fast and all at once. Last week was not a good one for me as I was sick and so was my daughter. I had the Chicungunia and she had the the virus. It is truly tough in these times, because it is just the both of us. Her being sick really had I down I hate seeing her in pain or on that level. She had a nagging fever that kept me up all night replacing the damp cloth to prevent the fever from causing and internal damage and she would not eat either so now she has lost weight.


 

I prayed that I could be sick that she would not have to be, it happened while at work I began to feel as though I was drained and could not hold myself up by the time I got to her Godmothers house to get her I could not move. Children are so beautiful and such a blessing from god her Godmother told her I was sick. When I got up she was right next to me stroking my face and telling me to sleep “do not get up mummy I am taking care of you, you need to get better” it warmer my heart.

1 comment:

  1. This is so heart warming. My sister recently became a mother and a single mother at that. It's hard for her most times. Because of her I can relate to everything you're saying. Her daughter teaches her and me new little things every day! The joys of mother hood.

    ReplyDelete