Tuesday 7 October 2014

Prince Charming




I had an online  meeting with a few single moms yesterday. The main sentiment echoed “Why do men believe that every single mother is awaiting prince charming to sweep her off her feet?”
I to have been told “you need a man you cannot do it on your own you have needs”. What I need is to be able to put fist the things that are first and trust God for the rest.
What I put first is my God, then my child, my job and School when I have balanced those things then I believe that I would be able to do that.
I do not want to introduce anyone into mine or my child's life that is not ready for a family or that is just passing through so if this is the way it is supposed to be for a while I am quite comfortable with that.
Some of my women admitted to being weak and they would have given in to men who only wanted one thing, they admitted rushing into things that they were not ready for. Some of them even said when they told the men about what they would have been through they began to treat them the same way.
Now they have decided to keep it to themselves when entering a new relationship in order to avoid any re occurrences. I asked “do you not consider that to be lying?” one woman said no it is just an omission until she believe that  she  has  the person figured out I then asked “ what if the person feels betrayed?”  She said “well”.
Some of these ladies have been hurt so many times that they just gave up shut down or do not care when it comes to the feelings of men. Others because they do not know what a good relationship is they do not know when a man is being genuine.

2 comments:

  1. You have mentioned "Some of these ladies have been hurt so many times that they just gave up shut down or do not care when it comes to the feelings of men." It true in both sides in terms of an independent single mother and an independent single woman. It is through the experience that women has grown to be so either they give up or don't care when it comes to men. I have notice on animated films like Tangled and Frozen shows evidence of young independent women don't need a prince charming. These shows sending a subliminal message for younger girl children not the first guy you meet is prince charming, work hard for what is yours. It even shows women, single mothers can be independent striving take care of themselves and child. Like the question you mentioned on your online meeting “Why do men believe that every single mother is awaiting prince charming to sweep her off her feet?” shows that men NEED to realise women in today's society do not think like that anymore. It's a whole new era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your feedback, it is entirely true. We need to support each other so we know that we could make it and we do not have to stay in bad relationships.

    ReplyDelete